Friday, December 02, 2005

sadness

The days are approaching the anniversary of Aunt Ronnie's diagnosis. It is difficult because there are times that I just think about this time last year. We knew that she was sick but I was so busy with school that I did not have time to call her. But at that time it was nothing serious, just bronchitis. Stupid Drs.What did they know.

I am grateful that I got the chance to see her one last time although it was the hardest thing that I have EVER had to do. The nurses in the hospital in Florida had to know what a special person she was to have SO many people from ALL over the country come to be by her side in her last days. I love all my aunts, uncles, and cousins but I was always closest to Aunt Ron, Aunt Nanc, and of course Kathy who is more like a sis than a cuz. Aunt Ron was special and loved by so many people.

I miss her terribly and I fear the pain will only get worse as that day approaches. I wish that I told her how much she meant to me. I did but it was in the last days. I hope that she knew how much I love her.


Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say
And now it's too late to hold you
'Cause you've flown away
So far away
Never had I imagined
Living without your smile
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day
Darling I never showed you
Assumed you'd always be there
I took your presence for granted
But I always cared
And I miss the love we shared
Although the sun will never shine the same again
I'll always look to a brighter day
Lord I know when I lay me down to sleep
You will always listen as I pray
Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say
I love you and I miss you horribly Aunt Ronnie but I know that you are with me, you have made your presence known so many times. Your memory will live on forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home